Yosemite Sierra Artists 51st Annual
Open Art Competition and Exhibition
EXHIBIT – June 9, 2022 – July 29, 2022
DEADLINE TO ENTER – May 31, 2022
ART INTAKE - Thursday, June 2, Friday, June 3, 2022, 10 AM – 6 PM
RECEPTION - Thursday, June 9, 2022, 5-7 PM
Circle Gallery – 424 N. Gateway Drive, Madera, CA 93637
Best of Show- $300 plus ribbon. First Place in each category - $100 plus ribbon. Ribbons awarded for 2nd, 3rd, and Honorable Mention. Awards will be made at the Opening Reception and later posted on the YSA website, www.yosemitesierraartists.org.
All art to be submitted on SmarterEntry.com/CallsforEntry/YSA by May 31, 2022, at 6 pm (PDT).
YSA Members $20 1st entry and $10 each additional piece (You must use unique YSA code that will be provided to each member to receive the discount on Smarter Entry.)
Non-Members: $30 1st entry and $20 each additional piece
1. All media exhibit including but not limited to painting, photography and sculpture. Artwork must be 100% original except prints such as photography, woodcuts, lithographs etc.
2. Entry into the competition and exhibits means the artist will abide by the rules and any exhibition of their work is at their own risk.
3. This is an open competition and exhibit. All artists are guaranteed at least one entry will be accepted as long as it is not offensive to any race, creed, or gender. Additional works from artists will be accepted based on category and exhibit space. Circle Gallery has a lot of exhibit space, so multiple entries are welcome. Artists will receive notification of works accepted by email on June 1, 2022. Make sure that emails from YSA are being accepted by your email client.
4. Artwork must have been completed within the last three years and submitted by the artist(s). Work shown in previous Yosemite Sierra Artists or Yosemite Western Artists competitions will not be accepted.
5. Artwork must be properly identified with a completed entry form attached to it.
6. All two-dimensional artwork must be strung with wire for hanging in the upper third of the frame. No saw tooth hangers. Sculpture/3-D entries may include podium or other display case or stand. Fiber works must be hangable. All frames must be in good condition.
7. Maximum overall size is limited to artwork that will fit through a standard door. The Minimum size including frame is 8x10 inches. Any art piece larger or smaller may or may not be selected depending on the Exhibit Committee.
8. A minimum of five (5) artists entering in a category is required for monetary awards. Categories may be combined for judging purposes at the discretion of the Exhibit Committee. Names of judges will be made public after judging is complete.
9. No work may be removed during the exhibit without permission of the Exhibit Committee.
10. Artist(s) that receive awards agree to allow image(s) of their artwork to be posted on the YSA website and YSA social media sites.
All sales will be made by Circle Gallery for which they will receive a 30% commission. Commission will be deducted from payment to the artist.
LIABILITY AT IN-PERSON PHYSICAL VENUE
All physical entries will be handled with the utmost care, but Yosemite Sierra Artists and Circle Gallery will not be responsible for any loss or damage to any entry from any cause whatsoever, including transportation, fire, storage, showing, or theft.
COMPETITION AND EXHIBIT RULES
All rules are posted on SmarterEntry.com and YosemiteSierraArtists.org.
INTAKE of ART
Please deliver artwork to Circle Gallery, Thursday-Friday, June 2-3, 2022, 10 AM- 6 PM (If you are working you may arrange to have a relative or friend deliver it for you.)
Remember to attach a completed entry form to the artwork.
PICKUP of Unsold ART at the END of EXHIBIT
Tuesday-Thursday, August 2-4, 2022, from 10 AM – 6 PM at Circle Gallery – 424 N. Gateway Drive, Madera, CA 93637 There is no storage at the venue. Neither the Exhibit Committee nor Circle Gallery are responsible for work not picked up.