Visual Arts Guild of Frisco proudly presents a new partner gallery - Frisco Dental Studio! The theme for this show is "Travel".
Submission is for current VAGF members only. Non-members may participate in the show by paying the membership fee online at https://www.vagf.org/about/membership/ prior to the submission deadline.
Free submission for up to three images.
Entries will be accepted in the categories of Painting, Drawing, Photography, and Mixed Media. All works must be the original concept of the artist.
If interested, submit your artworks as JPEG for consideration by February 21, 2023.
You will be notified of acceptance into the show no later than February 27, 2023. Accepted works must be delivered at the Frisco Dental Studio at 13030 Preston Rd, Ste 300, Frisco TX 750355 on March 12, 2023 between 2:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. and picked up on Sunday, May 7, 2023 from 2:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
A "Meet the Artist" reception will be held on Sunday, April 2, 2023, from 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
All submitted works should be ready-to-hang with wire taut at the upper fourth of the frame. Saw hook hanging will not be accepted. All works on 1/2” canvases should be framed. All the works on 1” to 2” canvases need to have neatly painted edges if not framed.
Due to space limitations, art pieces cannot exceed 36 inches in either dimension (including the frame).
VAGF retains 15% commission from all sales generated through the show. Pieces must have value of at least $100.
Visual Arts Guild of Frisco (VAGF) is not responsible for any damage, breakage, replacement or cost associated with any damage or breakage that may have occurred during transport or unpacking. Photos of damages upon receipt will be promptly sent to artists. Every precaution will be taken in handling the entries, but VAGF assumes no liability for any loss or damage to any artist’s work while in our care, custody or control, before, during or after the exhibition. Each artist, if they wish, should provide their own insurance.
USE OF IMAGES:
Any image submitted may be used for marketing and promotional purposes directly related to this show or future shows without further remuneration to the artist. This use may include publication in any publications, printed materials, advertisements, or electronic media. Copyright and all other rights remain that of the artist.
Please email all inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In collaboration with Play Frisco – City of Frisco Parks and Recreation Department, Visual Arts Guild of Frisco presents the first-ever “En Plein Air Frisco” event!
The event is hosted at The Grove at the Commons, (8300 McKinney Rd Frisco, TX). Juried artists compete for cash prizes. Artists will paint for 3 days and nights at select locations within the city of Frisco. On day three there will be an optional wet paint/quick draw competition. All art created during this event must be for sale. A percentage of sales from the exhibition benefits the Visual Arts Guild of Frisco.
Submission is open to the public; submission fee is $45, and VAGF members receive a $10 discount (please email email@example.com for the member code). If you would like to join the Visual Arts Guild of Frisco, please sign up here: https://www.vagf.org/about/membership
Each artist is asked to submit three recent paintings (preferably created En Plein Air) for review. No more than 50 artists will be invited to participate; a panel of scoring judges will review the submissions and select the artists. The payment of the submission fee is non-refundable and does not guarantee final admission.
Submission deadline is February 23, 2023. Artists will be notified of acceptance shortly after the submission deadline, via email.
Artists and visitors may wish to take advantage of the special room rate at the Hampton Inn & Suites Dallas/Frisco North Fieldhouse USA (6070 Sports Village Rd, Frisco, TX 75033) for April 13, 2023, through April 15, 2023. Booking your room is simple. Just follow the link below:
Important dates, deadlines, and event schedule
- Entry deadline: February 23, 2023
- Acceptance notice: February 28, 2023
- Meet the Artists and Welcome Reception: April 12, 2023, 5:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. at the Hampton Inn & Suites Dallas/Frisco North – Fieldhouse USA located at 6070 Sports Village Rd, Frisco, TX 75033
- Official Paint Out: April 13 – April 15, 2023
- Exhibition open to public: April 13 – April 15. 2023, at The Grove at The Commons
- Wet Paint / Quick draw Competition 9:30 - 11:30 a.m.: April 15, 2023, at The Grove at The Commons, The Commons Park
- Awards Reception: April 15, 2023, 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at The Grove at The Commons
- Exhibition ends – Buyers pick up sold artwork 8:30 p.m., Artists pick up unsold work: 8:30 pm, April 15, 2023
Plein Air painting dates back to the French impressionists who left their studios to paint “in the open air.” Plein Air painting is exhilarating and challenging for artists who attempt to quickly capture the light and colors of the scene before them. The French term "plein air" means out of doors and refers to the practice of painting entire finished pieces out of doors rather than in a studio.
There will be a welcome reception as well as a final reception during which wet paint competition art pieces will be auctioned. Awards presentation for the overall three-day artwork and for wet paint competition will take place during the final reception on 4/15. Each day completed Plein Air artwork will be exhibited at The Grove at the Commons and will be available for purchase. All artwork completed during this competition must be for sale.
For more information and details regarding travel, lodging, images of painting locations, etc. go to: www.vagf.org
En Plein Air Frisco 2023 PARTICIPATION RULES:
- Participants must be present (no agent) at orientation and participate in all event activities as listed in event itinerary (distributed at orientation)
- Paintings must have event stamp and be created during the official painting period to be eligible for awards.
- Paintings must be for sale with a $100 minimum price.
- Sales split: 15% to VAGF and 85% to the artist.
- Minimum size: No side smaller than 8 inches, excluding frame.
- Maximum size: No side may exceed 20 inches, excluding frame.
- All work must be in gallery quality frames “wired” (no saw-tooth hangers) and ready for hanging.
- Gallery wrapped stretched canvas acceptable provided sides are painted for gallery exhibition.
- Pick up of unsold work by the artist after the evening reception on April 15, 2023
RESPONSIBILITY, COMMITMENT, AND LIABILITY OF THE ARTIST
- By entering the event, you agree that you have read and will abide by all rules outlined in this prospectus.
- Work cannot be removed from exhibition panels until end of show, unless sold. Anyone removing work prior to end of exhibition will be disqualified from next two En Plein Air Frisco events.
- Exception: Should a situation or emergency occur that makes it necessary that a participant must leave before end of exhibition, the artist must immediately notify event committee. All work must remain hanging in the exhibition and competition artist must arrange for unsold work to be picked up at close of exhibition.
- Visual Arts Guild of Frisco, the City of Frisco, Play Frisco are not responsible for the loss or damage of any artwork, for any reason, no matter what the cause. By submitting artwork to this event, you understand and agree with this statement. Insurance for any loss or damage to artwork is the sole responsibility of the participating artist. The artist also agrees to handle the removal of unsold work as set forth in the prospectus.
CONTACT US: firstname.lastname@example.org