In partnership with Texas Title in Frisco, VAGF presents the Art Exhibit at Texas Title! The theme for this show is "Heroes". All works must be the original concept of the artist.
The submission is for current VAGF members only. Non-members may participate in the show by paying the membership fee online here prior to the submission deadline.
Free submission for up to two images.
Entries will be accepted in the categories of Painting, Drawing, Photography, Mixed Media, and Sculpture (sculpture specs: maximum base size = 16 inches x 16 inches and no taller than 20 inches). Due to space limitations, hanging art pieces cannot exceed 36 inches in height and 24 inches in width (including the frame).
If interested, submit your artworks as JPEG for consideration by March 10, 2024.
You will be notified of acceptance into the show between March 14 and 15, 2024.
Accepted works must be delivered to Texas Title at 5858 Main Street, Suite 140, Frisco, TX 75033 on April 2, 2024, from 9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. or from 4:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. and picked up on June 4, 2024, from 9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. or from 4:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Please make note of these dates and times! Failure to bring the artwork during the dropoff time will result in exclusion from the show. Failure to pick up art during the pickup time will result in storage fees of $10 per day starting with the pickup day.
A "Meet the Artist" reception will be held on May 23, 2024, from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Artists accepted to the show will receive calendar invites to these events from email@example.com.
All submitted works should be framed and ready-to-hang with wire taut at the upper fourth of the frame. Saw hook hanging will not be accepted.
VAGF retains 20% commission from all sales generated through the show. Pieces must have a value of at least $100.
Visual Arts Guild of Frisco (VAGF) is not responsible for any damage, breakage, replacement, or cost associated with any damage or breakage that may have occurred during transport or unpacking. Photos of damages upon receipt will be promptly sent to artists. Every precaution will be taken in handling the entries, but VAGF assumes no liability for any loss or damage to any artist’s work while in our care, custody, or control, before, during or after the exhibition. Each artist, if they wish, should provide their own insurance.
USE OF IMAGES:
Any image submitted may be used for marketing and promotional purposes directly related to this show or future shows without further remuneration to the artist. This use may include publication in any publications, printed materials, advertisements, or electronic media. Copyright and all other rights remain that of the artist. Please email all inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In collaboration with Play Frisco – City of Frisco Parks and Recreation Department, Visual Arts Guild of Frisco presents the 2nd annual “En Plein Air Frisco” event!
The event is hosted at The Grove at the Commons, (8300 McKinney Rd Frisco, TX). Juried artists compete for cash prizes totaling $2,000. Artists will paint for 3 days and nights at select locations within the city of Frisco. On day three, there will be an optional wet paint/quick draw competition. All art created during this event must be for sale. A percentage of sales from the exhibition benefits the Visual Arts Guild of Frisco.
**No images need to be submitted**
Submission is open to the public; submission fee is $55, VAGF members and past participants receive a $10 discount (please email email@example.com for the member code). If you would like to join the Visual Arts Guild of Frisco, please sign up here: https://www.vagf.org/about/membership
No more than 50 artists will be invited to participate The payment of the submission fee is non-refundable.
Submission deadline is March 25, 2024.
3 locations / City of Frisco Parks:
Heritage Museum and historic park: 6455 Page St, Frisco TX
Freedom Meadow at Warren Park: 7599 Eldorado Pkwy, Frisco TX
Frisco Commons Park and the Grove at the Commons: 8000 McKinney Rd, Frisco TX
Maria Haag grew up between North Dakota and Kansas, and currently lives in Dallas, Texas. She earned a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree from Washburn University in Topeka, Kansas and her Master of Fine Arts degree in drawing and painting from the University of North Texas. She received the Charles and Margaret Pollack art purchase award from the Mulvane Museum in Topeka, Kansas, and in 2017, 2018, and 2019 she participated in Dallas in Prizzi, a community inspired mural project in Prizzi, Sicily. She has participated in group shows at the New Orleans Contemporary Art Center, Project Gallery V in New York, Austin College in Sherman, TX, Art Center of the Bluegrass in Danville, KY, and Kansas City Artists Coalition, among others. Solo exhibitions include the Cora Stafford Gallery in Denton, TX, Arts Fort Worth in Fort Worth, TX, and Pencil on Paper Gallery in Dallas, TX. Every day, she feels caught in a cycle of destruction and transformation and translates that sensation into her work. She captures bodies hovering between decay and transformation, broken images whirling through a maelstrom of memory. The physical surfaces she creates mirror the transitions of physical and spiritual bodies. Their fragility is reflected in physically and digitally broken objects, crusted with layers of paint, charcoal, and collage.
Art that Speaks to Me Juror: Frisco City Councilman, Bill Woodard
Important dates, deadlines, and event schedule
- Entry deadline: March 25, 2024
- Meet the Artists Reception: April 24, 2024, 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. TBD, Frisco, TX
- Official Paint Out: April 25 – April 27, 2024
- Exhibition open to public: April 25 – April 27, 2024, at The Grove at The Commons
- Wet Paint / Quick draw Competition (Optional sign up at the event. Free for VAGF Members, $10 for guest artists to submit.
- Awards Reception: April 27, 2024, 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. at The Grove at The Commons
- Exhibition ends – Buyers pick up sold artwork 8 p.m., Artists pick up unsold work: 8:30 pm, April 27, 2024
Plein Air painting dates back to the French impressionists who left their studios to paint “in the open air.” Plein Air painting is exhilarating and challenging for artists who attempt to quickly capture the light and colors of the scene before them. The French term "plein air" means out of doors and refers to the practice of painting entire finished pieces out of doors rather than in a studio.
There will be a welcome reception for artisits as well as a final reception open to the public during which wet paint competition art pieces will also be sold. Awards presentation for the overall three-day artwork and for wet paint competition will take place during the final reception on 4/27. Each day completed Plein Air artwork will be exhibited at The Grove at the Commons and will be available for purchase. All artwork completed during this competition must be for sale and cannot leave with collector or artists until end of evening public awards reception 4/27/24.
We do have our returning hotel sponsor ( Hampton Inn & Suites Dallas/Frisco North ) with discounted stays for our group and your guests as well as hosting our complimentary 'artist meet & greet mixer' the evening before playing artistically begins:
For more information and details regarding travel, lodging, images of painting locations, etc. go to: www.vagf.org
En Plein Air Frisco 2024 PARTICIPATION RULES:
- Participants must be present (no agent) at orientation and participate in all event activities as listed in event itinerary (distributed at orientation)
- Paintings must have event stamp and be created during the official painting period to be eligible for awards.
- Paintings must be for sale with a $100 minimum price.
- Sales split: 20% to VAGF and 80% to the artist.
- Minimum size: No side smaller than 8 inches, excluding frame.
- Maximum size: No side may exceed 20 inches, excluding frame.
- All work must be in gallery quality frames “wired” (no saw-tooth hangers) and ready for hanging.
- Gallery wrapped stretched canvas acceptable provided sides are painted for gallery exhibition.
- Pick up of unsold work by the artist after the evening reception on April 27, 2024.
RESPONSIBILITY, COMMITMENT, AND LIABILITY OF THE ARTIST
- By entering the event, you agree that you have read and will abide by all rules outlined in this prospectus.
- Work cannot be removed from exhibition panels until end of show, unless sold. Anyone removing work prior to end of exhibition will be disqualified from next two En Plein Air Frisco events.
- Exception: Should a situation or emergency occur that makes it necessary that a participant must leave before end of exhibition, the artist must immediately notify event committee. All work must remain hanging in the exhibition and competition artist must arrange for unsold work to be picked up at close of exhibition.
- Visual Arts Guild of Frisco, the City of Frisco, Play Frisco are not responsible for the loss or damage of any artwork, for any reason, no matter what the cause. By submitting artwork to this event, you understand and agree with this statement. Insurance for any loss or damage to artwork is the sole responsibility of the participating artist. The artist also agrees to handle the removal of unsold work as set forth in the prospectus.
CONTACT US: firstname.lastname@example.org
Visual Arts Guild of Frisco (VAGF) is not responsible for any damage, breakage, replacement or cost associated with any damage or breakage that may have occurred during transport or unpacking. Photos of damages upon receipt will be promptly sent to artists. Every precaution will be taken in handling the entries, but VAGF assumes no liability for any loss or damage to any artist’s work while in our care, custody or control, before, during or after the exhibition. Each artist, if they wish, should provide their own insurance.
USE OF IMAGES:
Any image submitted may be used for marketing and promotional purposes directly related to this show or future shows without further remuneration to the artist. This use may include publication in any publications, printed materials, advertisements, or electronic media. Copyright and all other rights remain that of the artist.