2019 Expressions! Exhibit
March 12-22 at Tracy Community Center, 950 East Street, Tracy, CA
Eligibility to enter:
· Open to artists over 18 years of age
· Work must be original and completed in the last 24 months
· Work must be conceived and created entirely by the entering artist
· Work shown in previous Tracy Art League exhibits is not eligible
· No work can exceed 50” including frame
Conditions of Entry:
· Limit six entries per category per artist
· Entries must be wired and the wire ends taped for hanging
· $15 per entry/$12 per entry for Tracy Art League members
· Artwork to be hand delivered
· A 15% donation is requested on all sales. Make checks payable to Tracy Art League and see our staff in the Sales Room at Pick-up
One of the missions of the Tracy Art League is to educate school age children. Because of this, we are not accepting any works depicting whole/partial nudity or extreme violence.
1. Sculpture & 3 Dimensional (weight limit 50 lbs)
2. Oil and Acrylic
4. Pastel and Drawing
5. Graphics and Mixed Media
7. Photography (photos must be ready to hang - mounted or framed)
· Best of Show $450
· Cash awards for 1st, 2nd, 3rd and honorable mention in each category
Calendar of Events:
Jan 15 – Feb 22: Online entries accepted at www.SmarterEntry.com/CallsForEntry/TAL
Mar 8 5-8pm Receiving of accepted artwork
Mar 9 10am-2pm Receiving of accepted artwork
Mar 15 6:30 – 8:30pm Artist Reception
Mar 16-17 11am to 5pm Exhibit open
Mar 18-22 4pm to 7pm Exhibit open
Mar 23 10am-noon Pick-up artwork
Painter, Muralist, Professor Deborah Barr
Deborah teaches at Modesto Junior College and has won several awards for her work. Deborah draws on her interest in anthropology and spiritual and cultural traditions from around the world.
Deborah's website: http://www.deborahbarrart.com/
Professional Photograher Stephen Ridolfi
Steve Ridolfi has been taking professional pictures since 1976. He received a degree in photography and was an Air Force photographer serving in Vietnam. He owned and operated a studio in Tracy for 18 years and has won several awards for outstanding photography from professional photography organizations.
Steve's website: http://www.ridolfisphotographics.com/
Jurying results will be determined from photographs uploaded to SmaeterEntry.com. Award judging will be from the actual accepted artwork. All artwork will be released at the close of the show except the pieces chosen for the Expressions Selections Exhibit. Work chosen for the Expressions Selections Exhibit will be transported to the Grand Theater Center for the Arts.
Artist will be responsible for insuring their artwork. Care will be taken during handling and exhibiting of all artwork, however, neither Tracy Art League nor the volunteers can be held responsible for loss or damage to the artwork submitted.
Expressions! Selections 2019
presented in collaboration with the Tracy Art League - Expressions!
Dates: Opens April 13, 2019
GWF Energy & Souza Galleries
Opening Reception & Artist Meet-n-Greet
Saturday, April 13th noon - 2pm
Hospitality provided with generous support from the Grand Foundation
Curator's Gallery Talk & Artist Panel Discussion Saturday, May 4th, noon - 2pm
All of these associated events are free & open to the public.
Online Review of Entries: February 23 through March 2 (tentative pending TAL confirmation)
Pick-Up of Work at Community Center: Saturday, March 23 10am - noon