January 13 - March 2, 2023
at Plymouth Center for the Arts
11 North Street, Plymouth, MA 02360
Monday—Saturday, 10am-4 pm
Sunday 1-4 PM
Open to all NEWS Associate and Signature Members who are actively teaching.
December 15 - Entries Due
December 22 - Accepted works posted on the NEWS website
January 12 - Drop off, 12-2pm
DATE TBA - Reception, 2-4pm
March 2 - Pick Up, 12-2pm
For full rules and information, please refer to the 2023 NEWS Gallery Exhibition Schedule on the NEWS website
January 28 to February 26, 2023
The Guild of Boston Artists
162 Newbury Street, Boston, MA 02116
Over $4,000 in Awards
JUROR OF SELECTION AND AWARDS: We are pleased to announce that international watercolor artist, Eudes Correia, will be the juror for the 2023 Signature Members Show. Eudes is a Brazilian watercolorist who teaches all over the world. He will share his knowledge of watercolor and the treatment of light and shading, contrast, volume and the interplay of the background in painting the human figure. To find out more about his work and workshop opportunities, visit his website www.eudescorreia.com
• Open to all NEWS Signature Members, one painting per person.
• Painting must have been completed within the last five years.
• All work must be for sale and meet framed size limitations. No P.O.R.’s(Price on Request), no N.F.S.’s.All work
must be painted with aqua media including watercolor, acrylic, casein, egg tempera, gouache and water
based inks on paper or synthetic paper such as Yupo, Collage with only aqua media is acceptable. • All work must be original: no photocopies, color laser prints, multiple prints, pastels or computer generated
work. • Work may not have been created in a class or workshop under a teacher’s supervision.
• Work may not be withdrawn early.
• No changes in pricing or catalog information can be made after submission.
• The Screening Committee has the right to refuse any painting that does not meet the stated specifications
or is not accurately represented by image submitted. As a signature member of NEWS it is an honor to
exhibit in the SMS, therefore it is expected that you submit your best work, framed in a professional manner.
• Paintings may not have been previously exhibited in a NEWS show or at the Guild of Boston Artists.
• Review guidelines and regulations at newenglandwatercolorsociety.org/exhibitions-howto.html