September 16, 2018 - January 13, 2019
Art Complex Museum
189 Alden Street, Duxbury, MA 02332
$7,500 in Awards
Deadline for entry: July 15, 2018
- Open to any artist residing in North America age 18 or older.
- All work must be painted with aqua media including watercolor, acrylic, casein, egg tempera, gouache and inks on unvarnished paper or synthetic paper such as Yupo.
- No photo copies, color laser prints, monotypes, multiple prints, pastels or computer generated work.
- Work may not have been created in a class or workshop under a teacher's supervision.
- Work may not be withdrawn early.
- No changes in pricing or catalog information made after acceptance.
- Work must be for sale.
- The Screening Committee has the right to refuse any painting that does not meet the stated specifications or is not accurately represented by image submitted.
- Paintings may not have been previously exhibited in a NEWS show or at the Art Complex Museum.
- Up to 3 images may be submitted; Only 1 image may be selected.
Full submission rules here.
White and off-white mats only. All work must be framed under Plexiglas. Wires must be attached so that they are not visible when the work is hanging. No sawtooth hangers allowed. Mat, frame and glazing package must have a professional look and must be in “as new” condition. Work not conforming to regulations WILL NOT BE EXHIBITED! Note-Size limitation of 38 inches in any direction, based on outside measurement of frame.
JUROR OF SELECTION AND AWARDS - IAIN STEWART
Iain Stewart is a watercolor artist / illustrator and a signature member of the American Watercolor Society and National Watercolor Society. His work has received numerous awards in international competition and he is a sought after juror and workshop instructor. He is also an architectural illustrator with an international clientele. Iain maintains a studio in Opelika, Alabama. He teaches and exhibits in the US, France, Scotland, Canada, Thailand and Belgium. iainstew.fineartstudioonline.com