PhotoMuse 23 Online
Ansel Adams said, “I can look at a fine art photograph and sometimes I can hear music.” We are looking for those images that share the light and make the heart sing with the creative current that flows through all of us.
PhotoMuse 23 is a celebration of Photography with two venues (In-Person and Online) and separate awards. No matter where you find your muse, here is an opportunity to share those images that you love.
There are three categories for each venue: Color, Black and White, and Manipulated. Color and Black and White images are a single capture from your camera. Manipulated images take one or more captures and/or layers to create an image that is significantly different from the original. This includes taking a single image, using an application that transforms the image as part of the picture taking process.
Whether you are a “classic” photographer or a “digital artist” what is important is expressing your vision so that it sings to the viewer.
We live in a digital age and for many the experience of art is on a screen. The Online venue, at PhotoMuse23 – Madera County Arts Council (maderaarts.org) gives photographers from around the world the opportunity to showcase their work.
EXHIBIT – June 8, 2023 – July 28, 2028
DEADLINE TO ENTER – May 18, 2023
ONLINE RECEPTION - Thursday, June 8, 2022
PhotoMuse23 – Madera County Arts Council (maderaarts.org)
Best of Show- $200 plus digital ribbon. First Place in each category - $100 plus digital ribbon will be paid digitally. Digital ribbons awarded for 2nd, 3rd, and Honorable Mention.
All art to be submitted on https://www.smarterentry.com/CallsForEntry/Madera
by May 18, 2023, at Midnight (PDT).
$20 for the first (1st) entry and $10 for each additional entry.
- Entry into the competition and exhibits means the photographers will abide by the rules and any exhibition of their work is at their own risk.
- Photography must be the original work of the photographer(s).
- Photography that is offensive to any race, creed, or gender will be rejected.
- Photographer(s) will receive notification of works accepted by email by May 23, 2023. Make sure that emails from maderaarts.org are being accepted by your email client.
- Photographer(s) retain the copyright to their work but agree to allow image(s) juried into the competition and exhibit to be posted on the Madera County Arts Council (maderaarts.org) website and social media sites at no charge.
COMPETITION AND EXHIBIT RULES
All rules are posted on SmarterEntry.com and maderaarts.org.