ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT: Stress, Hope & Transformation
July 18 – September 7, 2019
Opening Reception; Thursday July 18, 5:30 – 8:00pm
Global warming, overpopulation, extinction of species, and dwindling natural resources are all stress factors facing the Earth, and humanity today.
What do we as artists have to share about this most relevant and challenging subject?
Environmental Impact is a curated exhibition with the goals of presenting a diversity of views and concerns for the environment, to engage viewers aesthetically and emotionally by delving deeper into this most relevant and challenging subject.
This exhibit will be defined by the quality, creativity, and diversity of ideas introduced by the participating artists. We anticipate that there will be artists presenting ideas that are positive and transformational and there are artists who will illustrate the consequences of human industry and activity.
SUBMISSION TO THIS SHOW WILL BE ACCEPTED ONLINE ONLY
TO SUBMIT WORK GO TO https://client.smarterentry.com/aawr
This exhibition is open to Ohio artists
All media will be accepted, with no size limitations.
- If work is framed it must be properly presented with neutral matting where applicable and wired for hanging.
- Work not properly presented at the time of delivery will not be accepted.
Entries fees are $2 per image, up to 5 images may be entered
- All accepted works will be insured by AAWR during the exhibition
- Artists are responsible for any insurance for transportation of work to or from AAWR
Sale of Works:
- Works may be sold at the discretion of the artist. AAWR will retain a 40% commission on any all sold work and will handle all sales of work during the exhibition.
- Any sales directly resulting from the exhibition will be subject to a commission rate for one month following the close of the show, at a rate to be negotiated between the artists and the AAWR.
Entries begin 12 am Feb 15, 2019 and end at 12 am April 30, 2019
Notification of Acceptance: Artists will be notified of the acceptance of their work by June 1, 2019
Delivery of Accepted work:
- Works may be delivered from June 18 through June 22 from 10 to 5pm
- Work should be delivered to The Artists Archives of the Western Reserve, 1834 E 123rd St, Cleveland Ohio 44106
- Arrangements for work that is to be shipped must be made directly with AAWR before being shipped!
Pick up of exhibited work:
September 21, from 12 – 4pm, September 24,25,26,27, from 10-5pm
As a submitter to this show you grant AAWR permission to include your name in future mailings and announcements. If you would prefer to NOT be included on our mailing list, please notify us in writing.
Artist whose work is chosen for exhibition grant AAWR the right to use images of their work for the purposes of promotion, inclusion in AAWR programs, and subsequent display on the AAWR website without further contact or compensation from AAWR.